Theories on global climate change from the past and for the future.
Most Informative Thread: Current Events
Latest stats on climate change:
Scotland at red alert:
Polar winds creating havoc;deleating the ozone.
5 counties are now under advisories, watches, or severe weather warnings.How much more of this?
Lower Colorado River Valley
West Central Deserts
Greater Phoenix Area
Lake Havasu And Ft. Mohave
Northwest Maricopa County
Southwest Maricopa County
West Pima County
Southeast Pinal County
Granted in my earlier years regarding climate change I allowed my enthusiasm to present a picture of this subject in rather simplistic terms, and for the most part within a layman's view point. So my apologies to my faithful antagonists who had issues with this fact, and a bit of thanks for pushing me back to school to go beyond those simplistic opinions.
So,I'd like to continue this debate with some solid science. During the last 3 years some creditable information from field studies points to some of the larger arguments regarding climate change. Probably the biggest issue involved in so called man made CO2s is the real effect on climate as the prime greenhouse gas, but the facts are that it is not. Water vapor is now recognized as the key element involved in temperature fluctuation as it represents some 97% of our atmospheric make up, where as the remaining 3 % is CO2, CH4, Ozone and N2O.
Secondly, the next largest debate was centered around which came first, or which was the...
Last night we recorded -44C in northern Sweden, as well as -31 in Stockholm and its continuing through the week end. Trains and buses have all but stopped, Iphones don't work, and water mains froze at 2 meter depths. This was the coldest since the all time record of -53C ( thats 64 below 0 in Fahrenheit. You can't shut off diesel engines at -40 as they won't start, and car windshields near explode when heat hits them. Never seen anything like it.
Its a good job there are some sharp eyed bloggers out there who saved this content before the servers got shut down!!
PLEASE ! Let this be the beginning of the end to manmade climate change BS!
"this is the end.....duh duh duh, beautiful friend, the end"
I generally always agree with the scientific consensus and never let politics have any influence on my views on scientific matters but I attended (was subjected too) a conference that featured a speaker from NASA on climate change. He did his spiel in a manner that was a poor, but notable, attempt to display some sort of scientific objectiveness on the subject.
Unfortunately towards the end he said something I have never heard on any other scientific subject ever: that the evidence is irrefutable that climate change is being caused by mankind's C02 emissions.
How can evidence be irrefutable for a scientific theory?
I asked 4 questions at the end of his presentation that I probably shouldn't have considering this was business related and I was in front of colleagues, I simply couldn't help myself. They were:
1. Is evidence irrefutable for climate change because of the way scientific grants work and scientists want to keep the money flowing?
2. Why did previous Ice Ages end?
Another Administration-scandal, another day of no comments from the Left
" Washington, D.C. – “Occupy Occupy D.C.” activists will gather just steps from the headquarters of the Environmental Protection Agency at noon on Friday, February 24 to demand that Congress hold oversight hearings about possibly politicized grants made by the federal agency, and related issues. "
Maybe the TEA Party and Occupy will form a coalition...
The need for hearings, first suggested two days ago by the National Center for Public Policy Research in light of EPA grants made to the Pacific Institute, currently embroiled in an ethics scandal, has been heightened by the EPA’s scrubbing of its public grants database on or around February 23.
Record temps have been reached at the South Pole last month. Yikes!
Why is mainstream media not reporting on Durban?
Why are they not reporting on Climategate2?
It's a sham! Thats why!!!!
The insurance industry has been behind the global-warming fraud since the 1970s
Your home insurance premiums — and the insurance industry’s profits — depend largely on the industry’s skill in making two types of investments: in the stock market and in marketing that scares the bejesus out of its customers.
The insurance industry, like most in these turbulent times, hasn’t done well of late in picking blockbuster stocks. But it has done brilliantly in picking blockbuster scares — all related to global warming. The upshot? The insurance industry wants more money to cover its poor stock picks. And more money again to cover future global warming risks. With the government’s blessing, insurers will now jack up your home insurance premiums by 10% to 15% in the coming year.
The insurance industry earned every dollar that it makes from global warming — its sharp-eyed marketers spotted the potential before anyone else. In 1973, Munich Re, one of the world’s largest insurers, warned that rising temperatures...
Here we go... along the path shaped like a ---> ?
Welcome to the Trans-Tasman Carbon Market, beginning in 2015. Won't that be fun? -Trading real money on a commodity that literally materialized out of thin air. Except the-man-and-woman on the street, or in the fields, aren't there on the ground-floor backroom.
Julia Gillard's Government 'pledges' to spend 60% of the new revenue to compensate households, whose utility-prices will skyrocket as a result. They'll use the other 40% to 'help' the polluters- oop, industries switch-over to wind or sun or whatever. Sure, they will. It'll be like playing a poker-game under glass, using colored beetles as value-chips... Yeah, the money stays on the table but it's in a state of perpetual dispersal, chaotically wandering from grouping-to-grouping as the business of transacting and governing plays-on.
I know this guy is not a professional or anything but he has been right before.
He got the last Winter and Summer correct so I'm hoping he will get it right this year aswel. I want deep snow and freezing temperatures again. I'm getting ready with supplies just in case the supermarkets close or the pipes get frozen.
But when a single snowflake lands in the middle of winter they will all shout that global isn't real, after thousands died from global climate change in the summer.
Have been following several stories on these lately.
Whats the cause and is it normal or unusual?
Ok, it's "politically unacceptable". Let's forget about it then...
The hyper arid Atacama desert has seen 18 inches of snow.
Here is an interesting read.........it would appear the the Australian Bureau of Meterology has 'adjusted' weather station readings to iron out 'bugs' in the database......temperature readings appear to have been adjusted down over the last century "to improve data quality"; as they put it. They are also providing 100 years of temperature data from some stations, based on only 12 years of actual raw data. It will be interesting to see if the Audit ever takes place.
I also had no idea that New Zealand has an ongoing, similar issue that has resulted in the National Institute for Water and Atmospheric Research (NIWA) being forced to disavow it’s own National Temperature Records.
Is this link working? Where's the picture?
Man but the weather has been doin' some freaky shiz lately!
The unintended-consequences of 'greening'...
"The winters of the past two years have been noticeably colder. The northern hemisphere in particular has experienced record cold, record snow and a rebuilding of the Arctic sea ice extent. The southern hemisphere this winter has also seen record low temperatures in South America which is resulting in many hundreds of deaths (human and livestock).
There are a number of players involved which can be attributed to this cooling trend and when they come together they are capable of dropping the world's temperatures by a significant amount."
here's a question from the article that suspiciously remains unanswered, ha ha....
"The big test is in place...will the so called "greenhouse effect" brought about by man made CO2 have any bearing on the upcoming northern hemisphere winter?"
this is BY FAR the most concise and well-put-together evidence any of us have ever seen.
Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.
Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.
Order threads in...
Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.
vBulletin Skins by Bluepearl Skins