+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Comforting Stews
Aug 28th, 2011 11:17 PM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2010
2 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1-1/2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
1/2 Teaspoon Sea Salt
1/2 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
1 Pound Beef Chuck (cubed)
6 Small Boiling Onions
3 Large Potatoes (peeled and diced)
3 Carrot (sliced)
1-1/2 Celery Stalks (sliced)
1-1/2 Cans Beef Broth (10.5 ounces)
1 Tablespoon and 1-1/2 Teaspoons All Purpose Flour
1-1/2 Teaspoons Cold Water
1. In a large pot heat oil over medium high heat.
2. In a resealable plastic bag mix together the flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
3. Add a small amount of meat at a time and mix until well coated.
4. Brown in hot oil, about 1 minute per side.
5. Remove the browned meat and continue until all the meat is browned.
6. Lower heat to medium and add the onions.
7. For about 3 minutes brown the onions on both sides on each side.
8. Remove them from pot and set aside.
9. Drain the excess fat from pot.
10. To the pot add the potatoes, carrots, celery, reserved onions, browned meat and broth.
11. Stir all together and bring to a boil.
12. Reduce heat to low.
13. Cover and simmer for about 2 hours.
14. Stir occasionally.
15. For a thicker broth: 1/2 hour before stew is done, combine 3 tablespoons flour and water in a small bowl and mix well.
16. Then slowly stir mixture into stew.Removed Spam link from Sig.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)