Thread: Peyton Manning

Peyton Manning

Disable These Ads!
    What should he do? Where should he go?

I think he should go to the Patriots, sit behind Tom and learn how to win a game and then when Tom retires he'll be ready for the big game.*

But if he wants to start right away? Hmmm... San Fran would probably be a good spot for him. They have every thing a team needs except for a QB. Sorry Alex Smith but 17 TDs in a Season? Tom Brady gets that many in the first quarter of the first game!

Also he'd be out of the AFC where the Colts, Steelers, and Patriots have gone to the SB every year for the past what, 15 years except for the Raiders in what 2002?

So where do you think he'll go?

*Sarcasm
    http://www.bartcop.com/gop-war-on-hellhath.jpg
    Non Alcoholic Beer is like a Vibrator without batteries. Fills you up but without the buzz.

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Number of TDs Brady threw in his first Super Bowl season: 18

Number of interceptions as a percentage of pass attempts for Tom Brady in his 50 touchdown season: 1.4

Number of interceptions as a percentage of pass attempts for Alex Smith this last season: 1.1

Thus, Alex Smith was better at throwing passes that weren't intercepted than Brady was in his record breaking 50 touchdown season. /youfail.

More, you're comparing a Hall of Famer with an above average passer.

As for Manning, if he went to the 49ers, they would instantly be the best team in football, assuming he was healthy. This was a 13-3 team that got there with a game manager as a QB. Imagine them with one of the top 5 or 6 QBs in the league? (oh, and considering the talent on this 49er team outside of the QB position now that they have Mario Manningham and Randy Moss added to Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Delanie Walker, Michael Crabtree on offense and the best NFC defense, he may leapfrog from one of the best to THE best- Manning has never been on a team as talented as San Francisco).

I see 14-2 as a very good possibility, and a sixth Lombardi trophy should he end up in San Francisco and be at least 80% of what he was prior to the surgeries.

... but of course, the reality is that this is all a price-fixing ploy by Manning, Smith, and their agent (they share an agent). Manning flirts with San Francisco, so Denver will have to increase their offer, meanwhile Alex Smith flirts with Miami, so when Manning signs with Denver, the 49ers will come running back with a fatter offer to stop him from becoming a Dolphin. It is brilliant.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

The Broncos... So boring, it's unreal. They're not going anywhere except sideways. That division was way too tight for Manning to make a difference this coming year.
    " Take Badlaw's body out to the gold-mine 'n toss it down a shaft. "

Cart-mod 2.0 Global Moderator Cartesiantheater's Avatar
    Lol I called it. He signed with Denver. More, he told Smith to hold on signing the contract, drawing the 49ers into the Manning chase, thereby driving up the price, Denver commits mass cash and vast control of the offense to Manning. The only difference is that Alex Smith was used as a pawn by his and Manning's agent.
    "I was put on trial twice near Y2K for acting like Jesus and claiming to be the Messiah. Its not everyday that a man parks a Chariot of Fire in front of a tomb and stands against the US government with a bow and razor tipped arrows over his shoulder. I wore a suit of armor and was protected by an invisible bubble and my sharp tongue was more than the judicial system could handle."Jake
    "The toilet is more than a throne. It is a sacred chamber."-Anton LaVey, High Priest of Satanism

Thread Information